A wound is a cut or break in the skin and flesh resulting from injury.
Get a piece of clean cloth and apply pressure directly over the wound for 10 minutes. If the bleeding does not stop after 10 minutes of manual pressure, reinforce the cloth with a thicker piece of material and apply more pressure over the wound. Bandage snugly but not too tight. Let the patient lie down and bring him immediately to the nearest hospital or clnic if the wound is big and will need suturing. Observe for numbness and discoloration of the toes or fingers. If there is numbness and discoloration of the toes or fingers, the bangdage is too tight. Loosen but don’t remove it.
Wound Treatments and Herbal Medications for Mild Bleeding
- Young banana leaves
- Pound young leaves until soft and juicy.
- Drop the juice over he wound.
- Apply with pressure the pounded leaves over the wound.
- Bandage snugly but not too tight.
- If bleeding does not stop after 15 minutes, bring the patient to the nearest hospital or clinic for proper treatment.
- Mayana leaves ( scientific name: Coeus blumei Benth )
- Wash the young leaves.
- Crush and extract the juice from the leaves.
- Drop a few drops of the juice directly on the wound.
- Apply the crushed leaves as poultice.
- Bandage snugly but not too tightly to interfere with circulation.