Ringworm is an infection of the skin, hair, and nails with various fungi, producing ring-like lesions with raised borders.
Ringworm Treatment Using Herbal Decoctions
1.Daily bath with Bayabas leaves decoction. ( english: guava)
- Boil 10 cups of chopped fresh leaves in 1/2 gallon of water for 15 minutes.
- Add enough cold water to fill up one big pail after straining.
- Bathe with this decoction while still hot.
2.Tabako leaves decoction shampoo (if head and hair are affected) ( english: tobacco)
- Boil 10 leaves of fresh tabako leaves in 1/2 gallon of water for 15 minutes.
- Cool and drain, Add enough water to fill up a 3-gallon pail.
- Shampoo hair with the decoction, once a day, until healed.
3.Kamantigui compress or poultice ( english: Touch me not balsam)
- Crush 5-1,0 kamantigui flowers.
- Amount depends upon the size of the infection.
- Crush the flowers until the juice is extracted.
- Apply directly over the infected part as compress for 30 minutes, 2 times a day.
4.Bawang cloves ( english: garlic)
- Peel and crush one clove and rub it on the affected part until it gets red.
- Apply 2 times a day: in the morning after the morning bath, and at bedtime.
5.Adelfa bark and leaves ( english: Oleander, Adelfa)
- Chop a one-foot long branch.
- Mix with 1 cup chopped fresh young leaves.
- Mix the juice with 5 drops of fresh coconut oil.
- Apply on affected parts, 3 times a day.
- Rub the juice on the affected areas, 2 times a day.