Sunburn or erythema is a redness of the skin occurring in patches of variable sizes and shapes due to excessive exposure to sunlight.
How to Heal a Sunburn | Water Treatments
1.Starch bath daily for 3-5 days.
2.Bathe with rain water. Powder with starch or gawgaw after the bath.
How to Heal a Sunburn | Herbal Treatments
1.Alusiman leaves (Scientific name: Portulaca olearacea L.; English: Purslane)
- Extract juice from the leaves.
- Apply on the prickly heat after the starch bath.
2.Bayabas leaves (Scientific name: Psidium guajava L.; English: Guava)
- If there is infection, boil 1 cup of chopped leaves in one gallon of water.
- Add 2 gallons of cold water.
- Bathe with this decoction.