Dandruff are scales of greasy keratotic material shed from the scalp. Below are some home remedies on how to get rid of dandruff.
Water and Other Treatments
- Wash hair 2 times a week using gugo shampoo or commercial shampoo for dry hair.
- Comb and massage head very well after every shampoo.
- Apply fresh coconut oil to the head and hair once a week, one hour before shampoo.
- Massage the oil on the scalp. Leave oil for 10 minutes. Better yet, leave it overnight before shampoo. ( It is best to use virgin coconut oil for his treatment )
Dandruff Remedies Using Herbal Medications
Kilaw leaves ( english: Turmeric, Round turmeric)
- Pound the rhizomes. Rub or massage the juice on the scalp and hair.
- Leave it on overnight and shampoo the next morning.
Gugo bark shampoo ( Scientific name: Entada phaseikaudes K Meer)
- Soak the gugo bark in a basin of cold water for 30 minutes before the shampoo.
- Squeeze the juice in the water and put the juice of 3 calamansi.
- Wet hair very well and use this as shampoo. Rinse well. Use vinegar as conditioner if the water is hard.
Sabila leaves ( english: Aloe vera)
- Extract juice from fresh leaves. Apply juice liberally and massage scalp 1 hour before the gugo bark shampoo.
- Do this once a week for 4 weeks.