Constipation is a condition in which the bowels are evacuated at long intervals or with difficulty. Below are constipation remedies that you can apply like for instance papaya and kangkong leaves which are foods that relieve constipation.
Water and Other Constipation Treatment
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water during the day. Take one or two glasses of water upon waking up in the morning and one glass at bedtime.
- Give enema with manual extraction if the bowel is impacted.
- Have a regular time to sit down on the toilet bowl and relax. Sit down on the toilet bowl when it is time for it even you don’t feel like it.
- Have a regular daily exercise.
- Eat plenty of green and leafy vegetables and fresh fruits.
Herbs for Constipation
Kangkong leaves ( english: Potato Vine, Swamp cabbage )
- Eat 2 cups of boiled leaves with meals. This may be a part of the menu or diet.
- Eat 1 cup cooked leaves with meals.
- Eat one big slice every morning for breakfast.
- Boil 5 leaves in 2 glasses of water for 10 minutes
( 7-12 yrs. ) 1 cup, 2 times a day
Adult: 1 glass, 2 times a day
Children: ( 2-6 yrs. )1 tablespoon, 2 times a day