Rheumatism is a form of arthritis affecting the large joints of the extremities.
1.Heating compress on the affected joints, every night.
2.Fomentation on the joints, once a day.
3.Hot compress on the joints, once or twice a day for severe cases.
4.Rest the extremity if there is severe pain and swelling.
5.After swelling is gone, patient may do mild non-weight-bearing exercises.
Natural Remedies for Arthritis | Herbal Treatments
1.Kilaw poultice ( english: Tumeric, Round tumeric)
- Chop or crush a rhizome and mix with oil.
- Apply on the joint as poultice overnight.
2.Mangga bark hot compress ( english: Mango)
- Boil a piece of chopped bark.
- Use the decoction for hot compress.
3.Malabulak leaves and young stalks compress
- Chop leaves and young stalks and put in a cloth bag.
- Add 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Warm the bag and apply as compress.
4.Lumbang bato leaves compress
- Heat the leaves.
- Apply on the joints directly while still hot for 15 minutes, 2 times a day.
5.Herba Buena leaves ( english: Marsh mint, Pepper mint)
- Boil 4 tablespoons of dried leaves in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes.
Adults: 1/2 glass, every 4 hours